Lessons Learned & Best Advice Received From the Past Decade
Happy New Year! We have entered a new decade and we all have a lot to be thankful for. We all experienced many wins but we also learned many lessons along the way. The message we have shared since our inception in 2013 is to "Dream BIG!" Here is a list of lessons learned and best advice received by some of our family, friends, and colleagues during the past decade:
1. The truth is we outgrow those who don't know how to love us.
2. You're not the first person it has happened to and you wont be the last.
3. "There is no plan." The Adventures of Johnny Bunko
4. "It's not what you know, it's not who you know, it's who knows you"
5. Forgiveness is simply giving up hope that the past will change.
6. Nobody asked for the cards they’re dealt with but play the f*** out of your hand.
7. Never become the product of your environment no matter where you are or what situations you run into.
8. Do whatever you need to do to accomplish your goals, because even if you don’t the time pass by anyway.
9. It's never too late to make a change. Pray, step out on faith, and go for it. God has your back!
10. Stop expecting "YOU" in other people!
11. Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people will always do that. But the really great, make you believe that you too can BECOME GREAT!
12. Gradually than suddenly life changes make you realize that to everything there is a season, to live, learn, & love will be different in every season- No matter the season be present, be flexible, give yourself grace.
13. Being vulnerable leads to connection and trust!
14. Everybody does NOT have the same heart as YOU. What YOU would do for someone, doesn't mean that they will do the same for YOU.
15. It’s ok that you may have to take a different path as long as the direction remains the same.
16. Protect your peace.
17. If you take care of now, you won’t have to worry so much about the future.
18. To think you've failed is a disservice to how far you've come.
19. A set back is a set up for a step up.
20. You are more than enough.